Tuesday 29 July 2014

Advice for writers

Have you ever wanted to be a writer but have no idea where to start? When I realised that I had a passion for writing I didn't have a clue where to start. One day when I was doing my research, I came across a book called The Writers & Artists Yearbook. This book is an awesome resource for writers and has lots of information in it. Everything that I learnt in the beginning was from reading this book. So what exactly is The Writers & Artists Yearbook and what information can you gain from it? The Writers & Artists Yearbook is a directory for writers, artists, illustrators, photographers, designers and playwrights. The book is published every year and has been since 1906. It was written for writers and artists to give advice, information and encouragement. It includes a directory of book publishers, newspapers, magazines etc. Everything you need to know about writing is in this book. Everything from writing a book to information on copyright can be found. You can also find articles in this book that were written by famous authors. These authors have used The Writers & Artists Yearbook as a stepping stone or starting point. So if you are seriously considering a career in writing or even if you'd like to be an illustrator or designer, this book is the best thing for you to purchase. Not forgetting that there is also a website for this book, which also has lots of awesome information on it.

Check out my children's book that I wrote with the help of The Writers & Artists Yearbook 

UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E9EV34U



No comments:

Post a Comment